Artisan and homemade food products are all the rage right now and if you have a knack for cooking or baking you can make money fast. Not sure where to start? Check out these five ideas to make money in your kitchen.
1. Baked Goods – Cookies, cupcakes, pies and cakes, everyone loves them but few are able to make them well. If you are a good baker and enjoy making treats you can make money selling your baked goods.
2. Candy – Candy is tricky to make, but great to eat. From specialty chocolates to hard candies and even crazy candies like scorpion suckers can sell well online.
3. Sauces and Condiments – Do you have a family recipe that everyone wants? Do you get rave reviews for your pickles, barbeque sauce, or pumpkin butter? Jar it and sell it to make money fast.
4. Specialty items like dog treats – People love their pets and are willing to spend money on them to treat them well. For example, you can make organic or natural dog treats or healthy raw cat food.
5. Ethnic Food – There’s a premium for high quality food from other cultures. For example, Baklava from Greece is delicious and if you make it well it’ll sell fast.
So once you make your treats, how do you sell them and make money? There are many ways you can sell food and make money. For example, you can sell them online at sites like Foodzie. You can open your own web store or you can sell your food door to door or from a cart in the park.
Note: Please keep local health department regulations for making and selling food in mind when you plan your food business