Picture This: Making Money with Your Camera
Almost anyone can pick up a camera and take a photo. Taking a salable photograph requires a good eye and some creativity. To earn money with your camera, you do need to develop your skills, but you may feel better when you realize this fact: Only 30% of your income potential will depend on skill. A full 70% of your success will depend on the type of business you choose and how you market it.
Using your camera to earn additional income is not risky business. It is a wonderful and creative outlet that gets you out into the world after a long day at the office or taking care of your kids. The results are instant and can bring great enjoyment to people who are willing to pay you for your work. Photography may be your hobby, but when you make it your business, all related expenses for equipment become tax deductible.
This report will NOT tell you HOW TO become a professional photographer. Instead, we will concentrate on the creative IDEAS and TIPS that will help you use your camera to earn some extra cash or start a full-time business.
Take one or more of these ideas and turn it into an extremely successful business. There is nothing better than earning money doing something you love.
We have searched the Internet and evaluated all of the resources that you can use to make good money with your digital camera and chose the best one to recommend to you here.
First read the list of ideas and, if you see one you like, add your own unique touches. Then, to make your photography dreams come true, read about the help available to you. You could make hundreds of dollars or more per week if you follow these guidelines.
Top 10 Camera Business Ideas
. Stock Photographer. You can also submit digital photos to the online stock photo sites that supply website owners with their royalty free photos and clip art. You get paid every time somebody downloads one of your photos and if you submit a lot of high quality photos it can bring in a good income. Look at the terms on sites such as istockphoto.com and bigstockphoto.com to see how much you can earn for your photographs and artwork. You can also look around to see what types of photos are downloaded the most.
2. Newborn Baby Moments. When a new baby is born, the only photos of the first days are taken by a family member who has to remember to take the camera and take time from participating in the significant moments. The person taking the photos will also miss-out on being in the pictures. The same can be said about any other special occasion. Most parents would not think of hiring a professional photographer to capture these moments because it would be too expensive. That’s where you can come in. Offer your services as a “member of the extended family” and offer to be on-call for the special event and the days following.
3. Pet Photos. The pet industry is huge because people really love their pets. They consider them part of their family. If you understand this devotion and focus all of your marketing efforts on it, you will know how to attract customers. Offer to go to people’s homes and photograph them with their pets, or take pictures of the pets by themselves. Successful pet photographers usually have their own pets and understand that each dog or cat has a distinct personality. Just like people, they feel more comfortable surrounded by their favorite things, so the pet photographer willing to travel to a client’s home could be in demand.
4. Real Estate. There are many ways to earn cash taking real estate related photos. Most home buyers preview photographs of the interior and exterior of a home before they actually visit the property. The better the photographs, the quicker the sale. You can be paid to photograph homes for private sellers and real estate agents. Virtual tours and 360º tours of homes are becoming very popular on the Internet, but many real estate agents have not upgraded their web sites to include these desirable features. If you can take digital photos, you can turn them into virtual tours and 360º tours for an affordable monthly fee at www.VisualTour.com.
5. Freelance Photography. Photograph newsworthy events and sell to newspapers or syndicates. Magazines and newspapers buy an estimated 60 million photos each year. Of course, the majority of the sales are made by professional photographers, but a substantial number of people make a substantial income each year selling their photos. Many specialize in a specific special-interest market. We’ve all seen how some celebrities are stalked by photographers. They do that because they can make upwards of $100,000 for one in-demand shot. We are not suggesting that you become a celebrity photographer, but we are suggesting that the best way to sell photos is to put a lot of attention on one specific subject of interest.
6. Specialty Slide Show. With the simplicity of a slide show program, a computer, and a scanner a person can create personal and intimate moments for baby showers, weddings, anniversaries, and even funerals. For example, pictures of the bride and groom from infancy through their dating years are shown and accompanied by “their” song. A laptop would work perfectly. The pictures can be scanned onto a disk and the slide show program can handle any added graphics. On most occasions several songs will have to be played in order to cover the whole show. You would need a computer, scanner, portable projector screen and a small projector with computer adaptations. There are several software programs on the market that are reasonably priced that can create the slide show, add the background music and you can even add animations to the photos. One is called PhotoShow and costs under $50.
7. Special Occasion Scrapbooks. Take photos at special events in people’s lives and use them to create unique scrapbooks. If scrapbooking is already one of your hobbies, you will be a natural at this business. Even if you’ve never done any scrapbooking, you can take advantage of all of the wonderful supplies available. All you need is an eye for design, a little patience and a good imagination. You can charge about $10 per page or and hourly fee ranging between $15-$20. Parents of young children and grandparents would be very interested in keepsake scrapbooks of their children and grandchildren.
8. Children’s Birthday Parties. Parents invest a lot of time and planning into their child’s birthday party and want to have an album of photos to help remember the event. With flying cake and crying kiddies, they have their hands full and many will want your help, especially if you specialize in children’s birthday parties. You can be the official photographer, freeing the parents and grandparents to just enjoy and supervise the party. Or, you can be even more creative and bring “dress-up” clothes and take photos of the kids in the costumes. You could use a Polaroid camera or, even better, a digital camera and a portable digital printer. Both Cannon and Kodak have printer docks that are portable and print pictures of excellent quality. Each child could take home a souvenier photo at the party’s end.
9. Souvenir and Holiday Post Cards. With a digital camera and a small, portable photo printer, you can take photos in a vacation spot or at a special event. Then, mount the photo on the back of a postcard or postcard size piece of cardboard. You can sell a multi-pak of the same photo postcard or of different shots. Holiday photo greeting cards can be created the same way.
10. Photo Art: Photos can be transformed into paintings by applying special effects. Some digital cameras come with that software built-in or you can purchase special software. This technique can enhance another business or be a business on its own.
Top Recommended Resource
This comprehensive guide, which is written so even the most inexperienced beginner will understand yet also contains advanced information for more experienced photographers, will tell you:
How to turn your digital camera into a 24/7 money-making machine in no time!
How to earn residual monthly income on every one of your photos that you submit and upload to the Internet!
What to shoot and exactly how to shoot it!
How to instantly link to buyers looking for pictures like yours!
12 easy ways to make money with a digital camera!
How to ensure your pictures get the most downloads possible! You make money every time someone downloads one of your photos!
How to sell photographs over and over again and earn profits on each and every sale!
How to have businesses lining up to pay you each and every month for your photographs!
How to maximize your earnings from the pictures you take!
Yes, you will learn every expert tip and trick you need, plus many valuable bonuses that will insure your success in this business.